We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time to visit Galapagos?

Which Guayaquil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time to visit Galapagos?

My family and I will be landing in Guayaquil on Monday night and have no plans. We are scheduled to leave on the following Tuesday morning. We would love to visit the Galapagos Islands, but have no idea how much time it takes to get there and to see some of the best sites.

Is that enough time to visit, or should we focus on activities on the mainland?

We are an adventurous family of four that loves hiking, diving, snorkeling, immersing in different cultures.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Dave

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,900 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time to visit Galapagos?

By "following Tuesday morning" I take it you mean the week after you arrive?? If you want to visit the islands you will have to work fast to secure plane tickets as this is busy season. Know that between air fare and park fees, you will be spending about $600/person. Take a look at the Top Questions on the Galapagos forum, especially the links on cruise vs. land-based, which have some detailed threads about doing a land-based trip.

If you mean you are leaving Guayaquil the very day after you arrived, then no, you don't have time to do justice to that $600.

Do you mind explaining how your family happens to be going to Guayaquil without any plans in the first place?

Orange County
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time to visit Galapagos?

Thanks, I will take a look at those threads. Our reason for the last minute trip is that we work for the airline and fly when flights have open seats...and there are open seats.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,900 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time to visit Galapagos?

We should all be so spontaneous! Hope everything works out well for everyone.

4. Re: Enough time to visit Galapagos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 25, 2014