We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Are there any recommendations for a guide/driver to Puerto Lopez. We would like to see Salinas and some of the area on the trip north.

T/A has been of tremendous help in finding guides for Quito and Cuenca and I am hopeful there is information on Guayaquil-Puerto Lopez that will be shared.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

If you don't get any definite recommendations, your hotel would no doubt be able to arrange this for you.

Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Thank you. I am having no luck locating someone via numerous emails. I have emailed our hotel to see if they can find someone. This is the last link in our Ecuador chain and I hate to leave things to the last minute, but that may be the case here.

You are always so prompt with your responses, and they are always insightful and helpful. I know I speak for a lot of the TA folks when I say thank you.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Well, thanks for the thanks, Carolyn. This is often a very thankless position so it's nice to be acknowledged.

Ecuadorians take a more casual approach to answering emails, so don't despair. There can also be server problems preventing them from getting your messages. This leg of your trip isn't complicated and I'm sure you could arrange transport once you get to Guayaquil.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

my hotels in puerto lopez have always been reliable at getting a taxi to pick me up and bring me, usually around $45.

Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Thank you both for your responses. We are hoping to get more than just a ride to Puerto Lopez as there seems to be a lot to see along the way and we are hopeful of getting a guide for the day as well as a driver. We will "keep on keeping on" and I'm sure we can work it out even if not until we get to Guayaquil.

Our departure is just 10 days away!!

Ayampe, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Hi Carolyn:

The hotels are good for having the door to door transfer but, if you need a guide I can recommend a friend that speaks English and is a surf guide but, will probably work as a tour guide as well. I'm not sure if I can post links without the comment being removed. But check in google under Surf trips Ecuador and send him an email. Make sure to tell Sebastian Sanchez that this is not a Surf trip to see if he can help you out. Once again contact the Hotel too. We are in Ayampe... 15 mins away from Puerto Lopez... make sure to stop by ;)

Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Thank you so very much. I will contact Sebastian immediately. Would love to have a contact in Puerto Lopez but do not know how we can get information to one another. I will post my email address in a separate reply and see if it goes thru.

8. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:20 pm, June 26, 2012
Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Found Sebastain right away on Google and have sent him an email. Thanks again for taking the time to try to help us.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guide/Driver Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Carolyn, please remove your post #8; you never want to post your email address on the forums as it makes you very vulnerable to spammers.