We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

Hi

Ive scoured and scoured various forums and the general response to this is - wait until you get to Lima, hop on a bus and get to the border - but what then?

Ive got a few questions hopefully someone can help with:

1. I want a really compfy bus where I can lay down and sleep without too much movie noise etc Which company is best for this?

2. Is there a direct bus, straight through, so I dont have to change? Im not really interested in changing, even if there is a cost saving. I dont want the hassle.

3. Where in Lima, do I get the bus from - is there just one main bus station? I only ask so that i know where to ask the taxi to take me

4. What time do the buses go? In particular the direct ones?

5. Am I right in thinking it's going to cost about $70

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

1. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, February 22, 2012
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

Thanks John P. Much apprecaited.

Ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

We also would like to go from guayquil to peru, im guessing you fly into lima....we would like to go to machu piccho....any help with this...? thanking you in advance.

Peru
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

As others have said, Ormeño is the safest and most reliable bus company between Lima and Guayaquil. You can find more information at their website http://grupo-ormeno.com.pe/ormeno.php

The Ormeño station in Lima is located at Av. Javier Prado Oeste 1057 in the La Victoria neighborhood. Here is the station shown on Google Maps http://maps.google.com/maps?q=ormeno,+lima,+peru&hl=en&ll=-12.090584,-77.021112&spn=0.007102,0.011362&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.223579,93.076172&vpsrc=6&hq=ormeno,&hnear=Lima+District,+Lima,+Lima+Region,+Peru&t=m&z=17 This is a central transportation area so most taxi drivers should know where it is.

Safe travels!

Peru For Less

Santiago, Region...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

Hi I can't get their website to work, or give me any information. Can you please offer more advice? We are looking for a bus from Lima to preferably Guayaquil.

Peru
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

Some updates since the original thread was posted in 2011 --

Ormeño is still an option for the long distance haul between Lima and Guayaquil. Terminal info above is still current.

Cruz del Sur is the newest option. They offer direct service from Lima to Guayaquil. You can buy tickets online, in person, or thru an authorized agent in Lima. The Cruz del Sur terminal is on Av. Javier Prado. Any taxi driver will know how to get there. I used this service in Sept 2012 and the bus was super comfortable, with wide, reclining seats, meal service, blankets, toilets. I was traveling solo and sat on the bottom floor where there are only 3 seats across. The border crossing was hassle-free. Departures from Lima are limited: Sunday, Wed, Fri.

Kassel, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

Hi, is it necessary to book the bus a couple of days in advance (I mean the Cruz del Sur bus)? We are traveling through Guayaquil sometime around the end of august, and so far I read more about the need to plan ahead then I'd like to :)

And do you have any suggestions on stops between Guayaquil and Lima? If yes, any bus suggestions coming from Ecuador?

Edited: 4:19 pm, July 15, 2013
8. Re: Lima - Guayaquil - direct bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 17, 2014