We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus travel

Which Guayaquil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bus travel

My wife and I want to take a bus from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez preferably direct.Is there a bus company that does this trip'executivo' as there seems to be problems with stolen luggage.As an alternative how much would a taxi cost for this trip?

quito
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus travel

try Reina de camino.. I know they go from Quito to Puerto Lopez and from Puerto Lopez to Guayaquil.. Luggage under the bus usually isn;t a problem but keep your hand luggage on your person.. Also on the executive busses you have to be careful about the sizr that you want to take on with you as if it's too big they will make you put it under the bus..

…wordpress.com/2010/…

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus travel

CLP has nice buses, aparently they do not reach Puerto Lopez. Private transfer to Puerto Lopez from Guayaquil would cost you roughly usd 80-90.

cheshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus travel

We are planning to do the same trip next year but with two kids in tow weren't planning on using public transport. Would you have to organise private transport in advance or can you just get a taxi from the airport when you arrive? We will be getting into Guayaquil first thing in the morning (appr. 6.30).

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus travel

It's always good to book in advance. Arriving to Guayaquil and hiring a taxi is not a good idea considering security issues. You can look up in the forums for transport suggestions. What kind of trip are you doing? Are you going to Isla de la Plata for hiking, bird watching or whale watching? Are you doing snorkelling/scuba? Are you going to the archaeological Agua Blanca site or visiting Los Frailes virgin beach? Puerto Lopez is the heart of Machalilla National Park and definetely is one of the greatest sites in Ecuador for scuba, whale watching and its known as well for beeing a "Mini Galapagos".

cheshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus travel

Thanks for that. I have tried to look up before on private transport from Guayaquil but have not found anything so if you have some contact details I'd really appreciate it. So far we have just booked ourselves into a hotel for four nights - mainly to get over the jet lag and chill out. I am hoping to go to the Isla de la Plata and maybe Agua Blanca depending on how we feel. We're there at Easter so I assume that whale watching will be a non-starter (and hence I have not booked any of the activities mentioned above yet).

6. Re: Bus travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 11, 2011