We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International phone card

oxford
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
International phone card

Hi, my UK mobile is not working in Ecuador.I need to phone the UK and wondering if you can buy international prepaid phone cards and where?Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
5 replies to this topic
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
636 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International phone card

Not that I've ever seen. However, there are cabinas that let you make VOIP calls everywhere.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International phone card

Hi Stefan,

I recommend buying a chip in Claro or Movistar you can do in the Mall del Sol or San Marino Shopping, but to buy the chip you must present your passport.

Once you activate the chip on your phone you can recharge at any pharmacy Sana Sana or Fybeca from $ 3 and up so you can communicate with your family from Ecuador.

Regards,

Karla

Mentioned in this post
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
636 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International phone card

Buying a chip (SIM) will only work if your UK phone is unlocked and works here. Also, making international calls with a pre-pay SIM is very expensive.

If you have a Smartphone that will at least work with WiFi you can download Skype or something similar and use that.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International phone card

Yes I agree with Skype. Put the app on your phone then buy Skype credit and you can use it like a regular phone when you are on wifi, it’s cheap.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: International phone card

Thank you.

Reply to: International phone card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guayaquil
;