We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuyabeno or yasuni???

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
cuyabeno or yasuni???

We will be headed to ecuador this june and have decided to do a four day tour in cuyabeno...we think...i have researched lodges in both parks, but i am looking to see if anyone who has maybe been there has some good input to help finalize our decision.

thanks!!!!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,101 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cuyabeno or yasuni???

Good for wildlife spotting, very interesting terrain. Hope for a better guide than I had (see my review of Cuyabeno Lodge).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cuyabeno or yasuni???

There really is no comparison. Cuyabeno can be reached by a mere 25 minute flight followed by 1,5 hour trip over an asphalt road, while for Yasuni you have to sit in a boat on the completely deforested Napo River for a day to get to the park. But what is much more important, Cuyabeno has a network of lakes interconnected buy narrow rivers and creeks. You can only see wildlife and birds well from the water. Birds and wildlife spend much of their time in the canopies and when you look up from the ground, the contrast between the sky and leaves are so strong that you can hardly distinguish anything at all. I visited the Cuyabeno Lodge http://www.cuyabenolodge.com, which is the only quality lodge on the lake and located on one of the few hills, so it never gets flooded.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,101 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuyabeno or yasuni???

WNG, I read your profile--what an interesting perspective you bring to the forums!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cuyabeno or yasuni???

Wow wild-nature-guy. (80 countries!!!) I really look forward to many more posts by you about the hundreds of parks you have visited all over the world.

I find it a little odd though that your very first TA post is regarding a question that was buried on page 44 of the forum and for some reason you have even included a link to a lodge.

5. Re: cuyabeno or yasuni???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, January 27, 2016