We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency exchange ?

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
168 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Currency exchange ?

Hello we have decided to exchange a small amount of money before we go to Rovinj and exchange more as we need it . What is the exchange rate on the pound at the moment ?

Thanks .

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency exchange ?

Today £1 = 8.984.95 Kuna

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency exchange ?

Danny what's the going rate for the USD? Todays' official rate is 5.72 but what are you actually seeing for USD cash?

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency exchange ?

Go to www.xe.com/currency converter

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency exchange ?

I am way past you. Having done currency exchange & analysis for many years the official rate & actual rate almost always differs. As I said the official rate today is 5.72 but what is the actual rate for US cash? Anyone convert today?

Croatia
Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency exchange ?

Here's the official exchange rate of Croatian national bank: http://www.hnb.hr/tecajn/

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency exchange ?

Its in Croatian. Can someone translate? Which is buy/ sell? As I have said before there usually is a huge difference between the official rate & what you actually get due to "commissions". What rate are those of you currently there getting now for cash USD?

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currency exchange ?

Its in Croatian. Can someone translate? Which is buy/ sell? As I have said before there usually is a huge difference between the official rate & what you actually get due to "commissions". What rate are those of you currently there getting now for cash USD?

Florida
Level Contributor
788 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Currency exchange ?

We were in Rovinj last week and we got 5.63kuna for 1USD from an ATM and with an additional 1.63USD fee on our Visa. The pound was around 8.6kuna per.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Currency exchange ?

We just flew back from Croatia on Sunday. over 2 weeks ago when we fi

I got 5.6 Kuna for US cash over 2 weeks ago when we first arrived into Croatia & sold what I had left at 5.82 kuna. So I actually made money on the deal! not much though.

I brought USD with me so I wouldn't have to pay a conversion fee. I also paid no conversion fees buying or selling.

Hope this helps! I'll be doing part 2 of my TR soon- part one is already posted.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Currency exchange ?

here is the exchange list in English: http://www.hnb.hr/tecajn/etecajn.htm

And Diane, if I may,... you actually lost money. If you start with 10$ and get 56 kuna for it, then need to buy those 10$ back at 5.82 rate, you will have to pay 58.2 kuna. Or, your initial 56 kuna that was worth 10$ in the beginning, now would get you 9.04$ at 5.82 rate. Exchange offices never lose money...

Edited: 1:26 pm, October 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj