We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Alice

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Alice

We are going to Casa Alice in Rovinj and have read some fabulous reports but we have a couple of questions which perhaps someone could help us with. How far out of town is Casa Alice and is it an 'easy' walk? Also does anyone have 'transfer' advice. Alpha Rooms have offered is a private return transfer from Pula airport at £125 for 2 people. That seems like a lot but then - it might not be - Advice please And many thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
Old Town
Historic Walking Areas, Neighborhoods
Port of Rovinj
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Main Street
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Alice

I can't give you advice about Casa Alice but somebody else may be able to do so. As far as transfer is concerned you should look at www.nautilus-rovinj.com They look to be cheaper and a few TA posters have used them and said it was a great service. They also said they were the cheapest they'd found.

Rovinj, Croatia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Alice

Hi!

Casa Alice is situated 7-8 min walk to Porton Biondi beach and max 15 minutes from centre.

I passed by few times so I know where is located, but that's all I know...

Regarding transfer: try to google it, I don't know exact transfer prices but 125 BP is about 145-150 €, which really seems to be expensive.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Alice

Many thanks - much appreciated.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Alice

Many thanks - much appreciated

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Alice

I believe people here have reported 300 KN (~40 EUR) as the cheapest Pula airport - Rovinj transfer. Even if that's one way only, two way would be ~80 EUR. So do search this forum.

Mentioned in this post
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Alice

many thanks.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Alice

I'm staying at Casa Alice right now as I post this message. We just returned from a walk to the old town and it took us only 10 minutes to walk back to Alice. The streets have nice wide sidewalks to walk on and it was well lit. You simply walk straight up the hill from the old town until you reach the round about, then turn left and walk maybe 20 paces to the first street on your right and walk to the end. Casa Alice is REALLY lovely. The pool is great to cool off in with plenty of lounge chairs (with cushions). The breakfast is wonderful with fresh squeezed OJ and as much coffee or cappuccino as you want. You won't regret the location or the room!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Alice

Thank you so much for your reply - we normally stay at huge faceless hotels - often in a chain - you know the sort of thing - its Tuesday so if you are in any chain hotel - everyone in the world is eating this - I know its not really like that but that is sometimes how it feels. We are so looking forward to being in a small establishment, getting a sun bed without having to get up at 4 in the morning and receiving some individual service. Everything I have read about Casa Alice seems to reflect that - enjoy the rest of your hol.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Alice

CASA ALICE ROVINJ - Sunbathing round the pool

We are due to stay at Casa Alice next week and are so looking forward to it. How sunny is the pool area. Yes i do want to sight see but I also want some sun. Please help if you have staying there.

Many thanks

Lynne

10. Re: Casa Alice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, June 26, 2015