We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book flights and car

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
When to book flights and car

We can get return flights for May with Jet2 for around £400 (two adults, one child and one baby... price includes baggage) if we book now... would that be the wisest thing to do or should we wait? Also... I can find cars to hire in September for £100 per week... but am not able to see May prices maybe because it's too far in advance. We would probably be paying for transfers from Pula to Rovinj anyway so the car hire might be worth doing (I think cheapest transfers would be £70 return)... any advice?

Thanks!

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book flights and car

Please tell me where did you find a carrental £100 per week?

Leeds
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book flights and car

I used a price comparison website... I'll check which one... it was for a Panda picking up from Pula airport x

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book flights and car

It seems too low to me, please let me know.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,076 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book flights and car

If you know you are definitely going I would book the flights now, especially if you like the price.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book flights and car

Are you flying with Jet2 from Leeds/Bradford on a Sunday? I can't advise on when to buy but I can tell you we booked for 2 adults + luggage + online check in in April to fly in June for £167.

Car Hire: We have used Economy Car Hire Ltd. . The Croatian company (based in Split

but have an outlet in Pula) and are called Last Minute Rent a Car. We have used them for the last 3 years and the staff there are efficient and helpful. To give you an idea we booked a small 4 door car (for 2 adults) with airconditioning. We paid £166 for 9 days + £18 Top Up Insurance (the top up insurance we find necessary as some of the minor roads are not in good condition with loose gravel etc. so to cover for a broken windscreen or other problems it's best to pay the extra). We have been very impressed with the crew at Pula and will continue to use them. They also have an office by the harbour in Rovinj. If you are interested see the following websites.

www.economycarhire.com

www.rentacarlastminute.hr

6. Re: When to book flights and car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj