We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istria sight seeing plan??

Level Contributor
165 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Istria sight seeing plan??

Hi! We will be driving down from Piran, Slovenia the second wk of August for a 2 night stay in Rovinji. I wish we had longer.... bul alas this will be all for this trip. So..... I'm trying to formulate a plan cramming in the must see/do. I am thinking something along the line of leaving Piran early, crossing border, seeing Byzentine mosaics in Porec and then hitting one of the hillside towns like Groznjan or Motovun. Then the evening and next morning in Rovinji. THe second day enjoy morning in Rovinji then head to Pula and the the old town sights and maybe to Vodnjan to see the mummies on the way back to Rovniji. Any advice on routes, etc....? Thanks!

Old Town
Neighborhoods, Historic Walking Areas
Port of Rovinj
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istria sight seeing plan??

that's it! you've answered your own questions :) no need for extra tips. for routes, there's Croatian so called epsilon highway, well marked for all the exits and directions. C'est ca! Enjoy your trip!

Level Contributor
165 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istria sight seeing plan??

Great thanks!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istria sight seeing plan??

Happy's right - this sounds like a good (if rushed) itinerary. If you only have time for one hilltown, I strongly recommend Groznjan over Motovun. Hum is superb, too, but a bit out of the way with such a short time.

4. Re: Istria sight seeing plan??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj