We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash Machines, Credit Cards, and Euros in Rovinj

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cash Machines, Credit Cards, and Euros in Rovinj

Hi.

We are looking forward to visiting Rovinj in a few weeks time. Can someone confirm that in Rovinj,:

1. there are cashpoint machines (ATMs) that take British cards ? We've had problems in some countries... Also, are these machines easily found in Rovinj?

2. Are credit cards accepted in most restaurants?

3. Are Euros accepted? It might seem like an odd question, but I know they are in Dubrovnik, but that may be because of the cruise ships.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cash Machines, Credit Cards, and Euros in Rovinj

Yes more ATM per capita thanBritain and again KUNA is the currency, do not un derstand why you are asking about ATM machine use as they spit out KUNA so why would you care if Euro is accepted?

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash Machines, Credit Cards, and Euros in Rovinj

Thank you

I have euros already. If they were accepted then I would bring them with me. That is why I asked that question

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
10,004 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cash Machines, Credit Cards, and Euros in Rovinj

Euros may be accepted on famlily run hotels or appartments. Restaurants that accept euro will charge you more

4. Re: Cash Machines, Credit Cards, and Euros in Rovinj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 05, 2014