We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in Rovinj

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Evergreen, CO
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental in Rovinj

I need to rent a car from Rovinj to Zagreb. Are there any car rental companies in Rovinj, or do I need to go to Pula? I will be driving around Croatia and Slovenia, so the rental will be for 12 days. I know there will be extra surcharges for a one-way rental.

I could only find one company online, economycarrentals.com, but they haven't received good reviews.

Thanks for any feedback.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental in Rovinj

There should be no problem picking up a rental car in Rovinj. You should also be able to find a company which does not charge a one-way surcharge providing your drop-off is inside Croatia. You may need to buy a vignette to drive in Slovenia.

New England
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental in Rovinj

try:

www.oryx-rent.hr

or

www.vetura-rentacar.com

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental in Rovinj

You may need to pick up the car in Porec....or Pula in the other direction. AND if you return it to Zagreb,it's a return in the same country....should not be a fee for return.

We are going to be renting a car for 2 weeks in Slovenia. Pick up in Ljubljana....return in Portoroz/Piran. Then we will take the bus to Istria....and pick up a car, hopefully in Porec....returning it to Dubrovnik, 3 weeks later.

Let's keep in touch re: car rentals......ms. evergreen. You are just "down the road" from Boulder.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental in Rovinj

What companies don't charge the one way fee for within Croatia? I'm looking for Split-Dub for one day, and then split-rovinj for 4 days, and everything I see including Oryx has one way fees.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental in Rovinj

Yes a one way rental takes a given car out of a certain company's area car fleet to another area of that company. A bit more detail so you fully understand..your case Split-Dubrovnik..once the Split car is in Dubrovnik it has to make its way to Split. In a perfect world there would be another renter like yourself going one way Dubrovnik Split, leaving Dubrovnik about 1 hour after you get there with the car.. Pretty slim chance..so what is done usualy the car just sits until a future renter needs a Split dropoff, sitting car means no revenue, or a driver from Dubrovnik drives the car to Split..4 hours and 4 hours back ( usualy by bus ) so its extra charges for the drivers overtime, meals, and bus fare to get him back to Dubrovnik. Hope that explains drop fees and why they have to be charged!

6. Re: Car Rental in Rovinj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, May 02, 2014