We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rovinj or Pula?

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rovinj or Pula?

Will be venturing down the istrian coast this week and would like to know preferred location to stay for one night Rovinj or Pula?

And what accommodation is recommended?

Thank you kindly

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

Good question. We have a house between the two and love both. Depends on what you are interested in. If it is history/archaeology, Pula. If it is a beautiful town on the water with gorgeous tiny twisty streets to wander it is Rovinj. Rovinj is more touristy; Pula is more of a "real" town feel. Both have excellent restaurants.

In either (anywhere in Croatia) I would definitely stay in a sobe (private room) or apartment instead of a hotel for an authentic Istrian atmosphere/feel.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

Rovinj is wonderful and would be my choice. Pula is the largest town in Istria and extremely interesting with its Roman amphitheatre and antiquities but it's not beautiful like Rovinj. For 1 night I'd certainly recommend Rovinj and make sure you explore the old town (Stari Grad). Can't recommend hotels as we don't stay in them.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
690 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

I would choose Rovinj for sure, as described so nicely above. You can find the hotel in the center, it is called Valamar.

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

Well Rovinj it is!

thanks again.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

Rovinj is spectacular!

Good choice!!

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

Hi

I would also Chose Rovinj ,the only trouble would be after seeing it you wish you had more time in this fantastic location.We stayed in Villa Ernesta right in the centre !

Edited: 2:59 pm, May 03, 2012
7. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, May 05, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

Dean P - You have joined TA today and posted 13 times today only to promote vikapota apartments. I'm thinking you own or work for vikapota. These promotions are against TA rules and are likely to be deleted.

9. Re: Rovinj or Pula?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj