We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

How long does the boat take from Rovinj to Venice?

24 replies to this topic
Croatia
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

3 hours.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,287 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

See link below, have a good time :-

http://www.venezialines.com/schedule

Hampshire, uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Thank you

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,287 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Your welcome, enjoy your trip!

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Hello!

I have just come back from Rovinj, and we did the day trip to venice. It cost us 399 Kuna which is about £40 or so each. We did it through our rep as the companies outside our hotel charged 520 Kuna.

We were at the port at 7:30am for passport control and tickets check, before boarding. Once we boarded the boat (it was called the Adriatic Jet) we set sail at 8am. The boat we were one was comfortable, and holds 330 people, although as we were first trip of the season from Rovinj there were only 114 people. There is a drinks bar on board selling water and coffees, the coffee was quite nice and cost 10 kuna. We then had a presentation on board, informing us of 'extras' that we could do, we were informed that we WOULD be getting a water taxi from St Bastillo port to St Marks Sqaure , as it was too long to Walk (this is rubbish as it took me and my boyfriend 30 minutes to walk and we were stopping the whole way to take pictures and browse in the shops, also you would miss alot of things by doing this). We were then told from there we were having dinner in La Florreli which would cost at least 20 euros each, then we would be having a glass blowing factory tours and finally gondola ride and taxi back to the boat. We we informed that this would cost us an extra 87 euros each! We decided to buy a map and walk around for ourselves without the tour group - and alot of people decided this, also we reached St marcs square before the group and we were on foot not by boat! They do sell maps on the boat to venice from rovinj which are 40 kunas - i would suggest doing this if you are planning to walk like we did. We arrived into Venice at approx 10:30am and by the time we has disembarked it was 11am, we were told to meet back at the boat for 430pm to leave for 5pm. We left a little later than planned at 5:15pm but arrived back at the port in rovinj at 7:45pm which meant we were in time for tea. Although the boat trip was 3 hours it flew by pretty quickly have a fab time and check out adriatic jet! :D

Hampshire, uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Many thanks for your information - very helpful indeed. Glad you had a good trip.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
794 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Yes very helpful, we are hoping to do the trip from Pula in a couple of weeks, if the sea is not too rough. I have already bought a pocket guide and map of Venice from Amazon, and we are intending to walk as much as we can.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Excellent advice from Kate.

I have been to Venice many times and it's an easy place to navigate around.

St Marks Square from the harbour area is 20 mins at most and as has been said a pleasant experience.

Enjoy both Rovinj and Venice, a great combination!

Brookline...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

Having visited Venice a couple of years back, a good pocket map is

all you need. The fun of Venice is getting lost and finding a wonderful

non crowded section. A visit to the old Jewish ghetto is very interesting.

A day trip hardly does it justice though. Venice is wonderful at night

when the crowds of daytrippers have departed. Check out Rick Steves

hotel recommendations.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice

I've been to Venice many times as well and also recommend a map. Not that numbers or street names make sense but it certainly helps. On our first trip we kept following the San Marco signs which is funny because they are everywhere. We got "lost" but it was such fun discovering little nooks and crannies and getting well off the beaten track. Venice is small and such a pleasure to explore.

One of my favourite areas is the Jewish Ghetto which is far less touristy (for those of you who are doing more than a daytrip it is ideal). Also, I recommend the book called "Secret Venice" for those of you who have been there often and are looking for new things to see.

Hoardes of tourists aside, you will undoubtedly love Venice and Rovinj. They are both gorgeous.

Reply to: Day trip from Rovinj to Venice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted