We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday at Hotel Istra

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
101 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday at Hotel Istra

We are staying at Hotel Istra in July booked through Thomsons, just wondered if anyone knows once we arrive at Rovinj do we have to take our cases off the coach and take them over to the Island on the free boat or do Thomsons organise this for us.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,408 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday at Hotel Istra

According to one of the reviews dated 21/7/11 :-

“luggage was loaded/unloaded onto the ferry and transferred to the hotel for us”.

Have a good time!

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday at Hotel Istra

Your luggage goes on the boat with you but you do not need to take care of it.

On arrival it the island it will be transported to the hotel.

No need to worry!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday at Hotel Istra

Luggage is unloaded off the coach. You take it the very short distance from where the bus stops to the dock - less than a minute walk. Boat staff load the luggage and when you get over to the island it is transported up to the hotel for you.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday at Hotel Istra

I am staying here in June ( going by myself ) always wanted to go to Croatia so took the plunge !! ..Hoping to take in Venice ,Porec ,and Pula and possibly Limski Kanal ..I like to do things under my own steam , so not sure how to get to Limski Kanal ...

Also what are Sundays like do buses run ? Is everthing shut down for the day (trips , shops etc ..

West Midlands
Level Contributor
101 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday at Hotel Istra

Thank you all for helping to put my mind at rest.

Really looking forward to our holiday in July now and some good weather!

Happy Easter to all.

6. Re: Holiday at Hotel Istra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj
Recent Conversations