We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Venice

merseyside
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Venice

Going to Porec in May and want to to do a day trip to Venice, any recommendations who to book with and prices for the return trip.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Venice

hello

try your hotel and see if they offer a deal, otherwise check venezia lines - fast catamaran sailings different days ports, there are special deals on site but you cant book yet

we went three years ago and to enter venice by sea is the best way to see it.

also the venezia lines staff look after you, you are given lots of information and landmarks and history pointed out by excellent venzia lines rep.you can also book extras if you want ie guilded tours, lunch at trattoria, glass making, water taxi ride etc.

i would recommend for first visit book the lunch or you can be ripped off - the water taxi ride is good - thats at the end of the day and takes you back to the port- you dont need to book transport from port as tour guides walk you to st marks sq - which is meeting point for return. i would say use the afternoon to wander around venice so much to see. all of it wonderful. we are going to croatia this year and a trip to venice is certainly on the cards.hope this helps

merseyside
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Venice

Thankyou for for your reply, you have given me some useful inormation. Looking forward to our week in Porec and trip to Venice.

3. Re: Day trip to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Porec