We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to croatia help needed

england
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
first time to croatia help needed

Hi we are going in 4 weeks to porec we would like to go to venice for the day how long would

it take to get there & how much roughly. do we book from the harbour in porec? we are staying at laguna materada hotel. Its our first time to croatia. also is dubrovnik to far away to travel from porec by boat or car? Thankyou for any advise

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to croatia help needed

there are daily daytrip catamarans to Venice, taking some 3 hrs to get there, and you can look it up whilst in Porec.

Dubrovnik is at least a whole day trip by car from Porec.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to croatia help needed

Why would you book a holiday at the other end of the country if you want to go to Dubrovnik hundreds of miles away? There are wonderful places to see in Istria such as Rovinj, Pula, and the hill towns such as Groznjan and Motovun. I have been to Istria 4 times and have only seen a fraction of it. There are glorious places to explore there.

If the costs are the same from Porec as from Rovinj, it's between £40/50 each to go to Venice.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to croatia help needed

Venice is a good idea for a trip. Dubrovnik is another holiday.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to croatia help needed

It would be at least 8 hours to drive to Dubrovnik, more by bus or ferry.

england
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to croatia help needed

Thankyou for all replys most helpfull. will hopefully spend more time at different places in croatia at other times it looks so pretty with plenty of places to visit

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to croatia help needed

Also google Plitvice Lakes for another option. Very true there is plenty to keep you occupied in Istria. Check out the ruins of Dvigrad, not far from Poreč. An interesting few hours. Rosebrid is right. The hilltowns are lovely. I would add Oprtalj, Bale, Draguc, Zvarsje and Gracisce.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to croatia help needed

I'm sure when you've been to Croatia, like me you'll just want to keep coming back.

england
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time to croatia help needed

Thankyou for all your information. I cannot wait to go

9. Re: first time to croatia help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Porec