We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices in supermarkets.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Prices in supermarkets.

Hubby and I will be staying at the Bellvue Apartments in September. Could someone please tell me what the prices are like in the supermarkets compared to uk prices? We will be eating out most days but will probably have breakfasts in the apartment. Can you get lagers like Carlsberg, Fosters, Heinikin etc., in the supermarket? if so what prices are they. Just want some idea. Thankyou. Also can anyone give me any tips as we have never been to Croatia but looking forward to seeing another country.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

I'm not so sure that casual really is the way to go. Its fine for a tourist cafe at lunchtime, but the locals are ultra style conscious and they would always make an effort when eating out.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

(Actually the locals wear full make up and smart clothes even for a trip to the supermarkets in town!)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

Thankyou all for all your help. We are staying for a fortnight so nearer the time I will be asking for recommended restaurants in the vicinity of where we are staying.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

Familyhols, you are indeed correct on dress. When I mean casual (i.e. good fashionable jeans) I mean not casual as in sloppy or sweat pants and so on. A skirt would be nice. I was unclear in my version of "casual". It amazes me how much Croats dress up! I know that much of their income is spent on looking good and it shows.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

We went to Porec last September and loved it so much we are going again this year. We found everything cheaper than in the UK.

We went to Groznjan on an organised trip which was so gorgeous , this year we are going to hire a car and explore the area more thoroughly. I believe the public transport is excellent. The buses are like luxury coaches. We met an elderly couple who went to the bus station a few times and explored that way!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

Thanks Mrskeeks. What was the weather like while you was there? I am hoping for some nice warm sunshine after the summer we have had here in the uk.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

The weather is lovely in September. This summer has been the hottest and driest on record. There are forest fires burning near Porec at this moment. In fact, one fire reached to 20 feet from our house two hours ago. We are trying not to panic.

Anyway, it is usually sunny and hot in September there. I would still take along a light jacket or sweater for evenings.

18. Re: Prices in supermarkets.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Porec