We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split to Plitvice on my way to Dubrovnik

Which Plitvice Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Split to Plitvice on my way to Dubrovnik

Hi,

while traveling to Ljublana to Split, I made a stupid mistake. I took a flight from Zagreb to split, i should have travelled to Plitvice from Zagreb as I understand that its nearer to Zagreb. I plan to go To Dubrovnik from here while may be seeing one of the islands - Hvar or Korkula. I am thinking of making a day trip to Plitvice from Split. But i realize that it can be very tiring as one way travel is 3 hrs.

is there a smarter way of planning - i go to Plitvice and i leave to Dubrovnik from there? or shall i extend my stay at split to return back. Are there any overnight ship i can take to dubrovnik to save time? I am not very fond of bus travel either - prefer trains always. These days its 35 degrees here. Are these buses (split to Plitvice) comfortable in this heat for such long journeys? Need some practical advice.

V

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split to Plitvice on my way to Dubrovnik

if you already paid your ticket Zagreb-Split, then it makes no sense to ignore it. there are no trains for your destinations, except btw Zagreb and Split. it also makes no sense in making a 1-day trip from Split, as it's just too far. all buses are airconed, hence comfy.

for ferries, check www.jadrolinija.hr

for seeing an island, also check that website - the best would be to take a cat to Korcula and then by bus to Dubrovnik.

2. Re: Split to Plitvice on my way to Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 31, 2014