We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Which Plitvice Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leuven, Belgium
7 posts
Save Topic
Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Hi,

Can I check if it is possible to take a bus from Zagreb to Plitvice in the morning? I will be only arriving in the morning from Ljubljana at 8:55am.. And I am intending to head there to visit the lake and then head on to split afterwards.

However can I check if it is possible to do this by taking a bus

1) From Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes (Single Ticket)

2) From Plitvice Lakes to Split (Could be the following day if time does not permit)

Tried looking through this website (http://voznired.akz.hr/voznired.aspx?lang=en) but this no timetable to it.

Or is it the best way to go by car?

FYI : I will be traveling alone.

Cheers,

Andy

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

So its no problem every day of the week you have an 11 am departure arival at 13,20 or 11,30 departure arival at 13,50 and for sure ovrnight in Plitvice to continue to split the next day. The web site is buscroatia.com and not only gives you bus schedules for all the companies but other tourism info too!. Next day you have numerous busses to Split!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

your website is good, just type in PLITVIČKA JEZERA for Plitvice.

Leuven, Belgium
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Yes thank you for your kind reply! Do you have any good and affordable accommodation in plitvice??

Cheers

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

The good and affordable ones are not the 2 big hotels at the entrance gate but small family run pensions a few kms before the park! Suggest you look on TA and email the one you choose they usualy will arange to pick you up as its only about a ten monute drive and you get a nice room with breakfast for about 30 Euros!!

Leuven, Belgium
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Okay thank you so much peter!

One last question, can I know where is a good and reliable website for me to check for a bus down to split? And for the bus that I will have to take from Zagreb to Plitvice and Split, do i have to buy the ticket online or on the spot?

Cheers

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Andy,

http://voznired.akz.hr/voznired.aspx?lang=en

is the most reliable one. If it doesn't respond with your date, try your desired day (e.g. Tuesday) but on the nearest date available (like next week). you may also check with the Plitvice NP directly, they would certainly know...

http://en.np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/

Leuven, Belgium
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have actually found a bus that is going from plitvice from 1145pm to split on a overnight bus..

www.buscroatia.com/routes-search/…

is this reliable? Cheers.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Sure these are the most travelled route in Croatia Split-Zagreb on the old highway right through Plitvice!4

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

Hi Andy

I hope this post is not too late. If you arrive at Zagreb train station before 10am, you can walk right side of the station for about 10 minutes at the junction and turn right again to the bus terminal where there is a 10.30 am and 11am and so on bus run by different companies. Tell driver you want to go to Plitvicka Jezera (lake). There are a few drop offs from entrance 1, entrance 2 and a few stops nearby to get to some of the guest houses.

It is best to start from entrance 2 as the lakes descend from there to entrance 1 with more crowd from morning to noon moving up from entrance 1. You can leave you bags at entrance 2 (someone did as I stayed in a guest house). At both entrances, after buying tickets, take the electrical bus to move between entrances. The info counter can guide you, H route is doable for a half day trip and very much capture the best of the park. I did H and K on two days.

I don't recommend staying overnight in guest house unless you have a car and want to do two days hike like I did. I found it difficult especially after 8pm to get around and there are really a few places to eat or shops to buy grocery. You can catch the bus to split on the same evening. Buy ticket onboard as the stops in Plitvice are just the wooden shelters. They are usually not totally full as locals get on and off along the way between towns.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zagreb-Plitvice Lakes-Split

We travelled from Zagreb to Plitvicka yesterday. If you go to the main bus station catch the 205 every 30 or so minutes to Plitvicka entrance 2. If you wait one more stop about 5 more mins bus you will be by loads of bnb's we walked down a bit more and stayed at Plitvice Ethno House which was really nice, has a pool etc so you can relax there, it's about £50 a night though