We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Plitvice to Split

uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Plitvice to Split

What is the quickest way to travel by bus from Plitvice to Split? The bus journeys seem very long!

G G
Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Is the fare of 180 kuna each way? So about 180 to get to Plitvice from Zagreb/Split, and 180 to get back?

Berlin, Germany
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Hello,

I'm planning to go to Croatia and travel from Split to the Plitvice Lakes. I have 2 questions regarding the park:

1.- Spending one day there is enough?

2.- Is there a compartment area or locker where people can leave their bags in order to look around?

I hope someone can help me with this! :)

Thank you inadvance.

Best Regards

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
205 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Hello,

One day is not enough time in Plitvice Park which is gorgeous. The bus from Split to the park takes 4-5 hours. The walk around the lower lakes takes about 1.5 if you walk fast, or at least that is what I remember. We spent one night there and felt another full day would have been a better choice.

Perth
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Are really worried are there toilets on the bus to use? Have read they are locked .Do you have to ask for the key? Or do they have rest room Stops? It's a long way from the lakes to Split.

Thank you

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
241 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Boss, don't worry, busses stop often, and you'll be able to go the rest room. Just check with your driver.

Perth
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Thank You

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Your question is a bit nonsensical!

1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Thank you to everyone who has helpfully commented on this thread!

I will be traveling with a group of 3 people in mid-September. We are planning to arrive in Zagreb in the evening (on a train from Vienna). We are trying to figure out the best option for getting to Plitvice. We plan to go to Split afterwards and would like to maximize our time there as well.

1) Book an organized day trip to Plitvice from Zagreb. Train or Bus from Zagreb to Split in the late evening after we get back from Plitvice. I have read good things about Funky Zagreb tours but they seem pricey.

2) Take an early bus from Zagreb to Plitvice, store our luggage at the entrance, and explore on our own. Either take a late evening bus to Split or stay at a local inn and take a bus to Split the next morning. I also saw someone mention that a private ride might be affordable with a group of 3.

Thoughts on these two options? Alternatively, is there a better way to get to Plitvice straight from Vienna and skip Zagreb? I've heard mixed reviews on whether to spend time in Zagreb on a short trip.

Thanks!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Wonder if anyone know the bus schedule from Plitvice to Split in particular the last bus of the day.

I plan to stay in Plitvice for one night, explore a bit more of the Plitvice lakes in the next morning then get our luggage from our hotel and depart for Split. Somewhere I read that the last bus will depart at around 4:30pm but when I checked the bus website it says the last one departs at around 2:30pm instead. Anyone any idea?

Is there any transfer that I can arrange to go from Plitivice to Split? Will there be anything available from the hotels?

Thanks in advance.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bus from Plitvice to Split

Any transfer arrangement would be very expensive because of the long distance. If you ask about public transport you should give dates as services vary according to the time of year. In summer high season the last bus to Split (apart from the overnight bus) is 4.20pm.