We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to hotel?

Which Plitvice Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to hotel?

Hi, me and my partner will be arriving from Zagreb on 7th June and will be staying at Pansion Winnetou. My question is, is there any taxi's around the entrance to the lakes, as we'll be arriving by bus, and don't fancy dragging our luggage for the few km to the hotel.

I have tried to look on Pansion Winnetou's website to try and contact them about this, but all I get is a 404 error message.

Thanks in advance for any help

Damian

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
690 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to hotel?

Hi Murf, you could phone them and make sure they organize the taxi for you at certain time, this should be normal practice for them.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
690 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to hotel?

the number i found is 0038591 728 5451

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to hotel?

Thats great, thanks tihi

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to hotel?

Thanks Tihi. I spoke to someone there, and the bus from Zagreb actually goes past the hotel, so we can get dropped off there

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to hotel?

Booked a hotel in Ogulin thinking I could get a bus or tour to Plitvice Lakes. However there is no link with the Lakes and I love the hotel so keep trying to find a way.

Anyone have any idea how I could get to Plitvice without backtracking to Karlovac? Will be there 21 September. Tried contacting Tourist Office in Ogulin, but no response.

Thanks.

Plitvice Lakes...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to hotel?

There is no conection to lakes from Ogulin, usualy you need 45-1h to get from Ogulin to lakes with car, best option would be car, taxi... Other way you need take bus or train to Karlovac than bus to lakes, wasting of time and money!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to hotel?

Thank you.

Are taxis expensive in Croatia? Would a taxi to the lakes be more expensive than the cost of car hire?

Beginning to think I'll have to give up my hotel and try for accommodation in Kerlovac, which seems to be short of hotel/B&B rooms!

8. Re: Transport to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:40 am, June 21, 2013