We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

Which Plitvice Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

We will be travelling to the Plitvice Lakes at the beginning of April (over Easter). Planning to travel there from Zagreb on a Saturday and back (to Zagreb) on a Tuesday. I have seen links to bus timetables but cannot manage to open them. Can anyone advise on bus times (is there more than one a day?) and where they go from in Zagreb?

Also, planning to spend three nights there (the lakes look so stunning) - is that too long? Is there anything to do there in the evenings? Is eating in the hotels the only option?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

Unsure of where the timetables are but will see if I have it saved somewhere.

Three nights is too long in my opinion. The lakes are indeed stunning and a must-see in my opinion but one or two nights would be plenty. April is a gorgeous time to go! Add another day to another portion of your trip.

When we go we have a car so I am afraid I cannot comment on hotels - our first time we stayed in a sobe. Buses can be somewhat restricting in terms of restaurants.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

Totally agree with chefathome; three nights for Plitvitse sound a waste to me.

One night is pretty good for relaxing two-days visit to the national park. Well, two nights if you are a countryside lover. Other than that, you might find it boring to stay there for so long.

The lakes are stunning, indeed, but I felt pretty satisfied having visited the park in the afternoon and then the next morning (for different light).

The eateries in the area are rather basic, and their availability apart from the hotels depends on where exactly you decide to stay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

Thank you both for the info. We both love nature and taking photos and we'll probably arrive evening and leave early morning so only really have two days at the lakes.

what I am mainly concerned about is the bus question.

I would be very grateful is anyone could advise on the bus timetable, etc

thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

We are planning on taking the bus from Zagreb to Plitvice in September and I have found a website with bus timetables. Here's a link to it:

www.akz.hr

Hope it is of some help to you

5. Re: Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:36 am, January 28, 2012
6. Re: Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, April 14, 2013