We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plitvice from Split in 1 day

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Plitvice from Split in 1 day

We would love to visit Plitvice during our stay in Split in a few weeks. I am trying to understand if it is possible to go there and back in a day (we have lots to fit in!) It looks like there are organised tours but these only allow 2.5 hours in the park, which would no doubt be stuck with all the other rabble instead of having time to ourselves. Does anyone have any experience of these?

We could hire a car and drive there and back (I understand its about 2.5hrs drive away, is that right?) Is driving there ok for a Uk driver, I've driven in Italy before (nuts) so not too worried.

Any advice much appreciated.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,136 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plitvice from Split in 1 day

In my opinion it would be a great idea to rent a vehicle and most of the drive would be on the Croatian Autoceste or toll road so it would be even easier for you. Rent a car, leave early in the morning and spend the bulk of the day enjoying the park.

2. Re: Plitvice from Split in 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 09, 2010