We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plitvice swimming

Which Plitvice Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Plitvice swimming

I am pretty sure that you can't swim at Plitvice. Any suggestions on other areas that you are allowed to swim. We are planning on seeing Plivice, but it looks so enticing that i would love to swim in water like that. Any other suggestions on obscure but cool locations in Croatia or Slovenia that are off the radar a bit.

Thx BrontoBret

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,619 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plitvice swimming

Yes, no swimming at Plitvice. I also thought it would be great to swim in water so clear like that. Maybe you could go to Krka Falls, I think you can swim there.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
345 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plitvice swimming

No swimming is allowed in Plitvice Lakes. I swam at Krka Falls and it was cool. The water was pretty cold and it was a lifetime experience swimming so close to the big waterfall.

Bring your swimming gear to Krka!

Zagreb
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Plitvice swimming

You cant swim at Plitvice, but few km before the National park there is few great swimming places on river Korana. Beyond the Koranski most (bridge Korana) you can find great place for swimming and jumping from the waterfalls! In village Seliste Dreznicko you can find great places for swimming!

4. Re: Plitvice swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 03, 2009