We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

Hi,

I've been looking at accommodations near Plitvice Lakes and it seems there are many places available, but most need a car to travel. However, we won't have a car on our trip and will be arriving by bus. A couple of questions...

Is there only one bus station at Plitvice Lakes (we will be arriving from Zadar), and if so, which entrance is it near?

Any suggestions for accomodations that are close to the bus station and the park?

Thanks!

Long Beach, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

Hi twinkiesauraus,

Did anyone ever respond to your post? I'm in the same situation, but will be coming from the opposite direction (Zagreb).

Do you need a car if you don't want to stay at one of the three hotels right next to the national park? Have you already gone? Any suggestions?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

The three "official" hotels are right next to Entrance 2 of the park so you definitely don't need a car for those. They were pretty pricey, though, so I opted instead to stay at a private apartment (Apartment Sanja) which is about a 10-15 minute walk from Entrance 2 (and a 15 minute walk from the Mukinje bus station - the next bus stop south of the Entrance 2 bus stop).

Other options I found were Krizmanic private accomodations (5 min from Entrance 1) and Knezevic Guest House (looked pretty nice from the outside when I was there, and probably about 20 min walk from Entrance 2).

If you're coming from Zagreb by bus, it will stop at Entrance 1 first, and then Entrance 2, then Mukinje bus stop. You probably need to specify which stop you want to the guy who checks your bus ticket.

Hope that helps!

Long Beach, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

Thanks for the info. I checked out those other accommodations and they seem much more reasonable.

I think we're going to suck it up and pay for the Hotel Bellevue so that we can see as much of the park as we can (we're only going to be there for one day before moving on to Zadar and then down the coast).

Any other recommendations you'd like to share about Zadar and beyond?

Thanks again.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
345 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

If the price difference is acceptable, I would settle for the hotels. There are plenty BNB nearby but not many have websites. I stay with the Krizmanic. Do not expect too much. They are just running their business. I saw many BNB nearby and I think you need not book in advance if you are not going in July or Aug.

5. Re: accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 30, 2008
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
345 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

Sorry, I cannot agree with you. I would say the Krizmanic's quality is just average. Considering the price, I would say below average.

As for a B&B's hospitality (friendliness), there is much room for improvement. You may say it is just from my experience but I have tried over a hundred B&Bs in many parts of the world. If there is a marking scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the highest score), I would give it 2.

7. Re: accomodations near plitvice lakes park and bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 04, 2009