We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adriatic by Karisma

Level Contributor
2,333 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Adriatic by Karisma

We are thinking about staying at the Adriatic by karisma hotel beginning of July next year, Is this complete new build or are they renovating an older hotel. I understand this will be Thomsons adult only from May. We have never been to Croatia before so could you advise whether from this hotel you can walk into the closest town and is there much around this hotel. We are all inclusive so don't need restaurants and bars but like a stroll in the evening.

Many thanks

Cavan Ireland
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

Hey

I am in the same boat! I am thinking of booking this hotel for my honeymoon flying from London 10th July for 2 weeks but I know nothing about the area and have not been to Croatia. I think it's a completely new build. There was another hotel that was by karisma that was being renovated but this seems to be brand new!! I have done AI before in the Caribbean so I would like to know if there is much to do in the area? We were not able to leave the resort in the Caribbean so would rather somewhere that I can. Anyone know much about the Makarska area?

Thanks

Maggie

Edited: 10:22 am, August 01, 2014
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

You are right there is another Karisma hotel in Croatia which looks more established but it was more expensive, I know it will be safe to go outside of the hotel but just wanted to know a bit more about the surrounding area and how easy it is to get about on your own rather than an excursion. Hopefully somone can let us know a bit more but the artists impressions look good and I am attracted by Adults only as my daughter is grown up now.

Doncaster, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

Just done some research and its NOT a new build, its the First Couples Resort in Makarska Region - formerly known as Hotel Nimfa Zivogosce. Undergoing total renovations in 2014-15.

4. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, August 26, 2014
Edited: 7:05 am, August 26, 2014
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,694 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

Tell us how you really feel JoJo! :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

I forgot to mention that most of the profits will evade the Croatians, and those that work there will be paid pittance. Then the Pretending-To-Be-Rich have the gall to complain.

Edited: 8:20 pm, August 22, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

*complain about "bad service"

Hope it doesn't end up like Spain.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,694 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

I won't disagree with you on any of that! Why go to Croatia or anywhere for that matter if you don't leave the complex you are staying at? Or leave to take a walk?...really stimulate the local economy there!

Asker, Akershus...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

Do not go A.I, the food is lovely in the restaurants!

Level Contributor
2,333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adriatic by Karisma

JoJo you obviously didnt read my question correctly, I asked about the surrounding area which indicates we will not be staying in the "hellhole" for your information we travel all around the world and have experienced all sorts, this week away is for my friend and I who are happy to spend one of our 4 holidays a year relaxing in a decent hotel in a nice area with good food and good service, I don't think this forum is here for people like you to abuse the question asked it is of no help whatsoever so don't waste your time and I have no idea why you would be looking at this thread when you have nothing interesting to say about Croatia wonder if you have ever travelled outside Oz.

Edited: 4:01 am, August 26, 2014