We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Split to Makarska

Bristol, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Split to Makarska

Hi, I am looking at going to Makarska with my elderly mother in early July as she likes Croatia and we have not tried the Makarska Riviera. It all looks very mountainous and she is a very nervous traveller and doesn't want to travel on roads with lots of bends and big drops. Can anyone tell me what the road is like to Makarska from Split, as if it is not suitable I will look at somewhere else. Thank you.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Split to Makarska

There are some bends and a few places where the coastal highway rises a couple of hundred feet above sea level. But the road is not particularly vertiginous. There are high mountains (Mt Biokovo) behind Makaraska, but the coastal road does not go there.

2. Re: Travel from Split to Makarska

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 25, 2014