We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia

Which Makarska hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia

Hello

my husband and i are going to Croatia in September. we are planning to go to Dubrovnik, Split and then onto an island (order can change!) i have three questions...

Can anyone recommend an island with sandy beaches;

how do i find bus and ferry routes and

are the buses air conditioned and nice? i have found that they can take a few hours :)

any other info/website recommendations also welcome!

thank you very much

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
343 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Croatia

Thanks . Looks like our trip is getting pushed to October. How is the Ferry service between Korcula and Hvar at this time of year?

Durham
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Croatia

There is a daily catamaran at 6am except Sundays when it leaves at 1pm. There isn't a car ferry between Korcula and Hvar in October.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Croatia

Actually, now I am looking at Jadrolinija timetable for 2012., and there is no ferry boat connection between Hvar and Korčula through entire year. I suppose ferry boat line was canceled and never launched again after Marco Polo ferryboat was stranded, and I apologize for incorrect information in my previous post.

Anyway, there is a speed boat (catamaran) connection daily, throughout entire year. For detailed planning of travel between islands, it’s necessary to consult national sea carrier at www.jadrolinija.hr

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
343 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Croatia

thank you - I will check into it

15. Re: Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, February 20, 2013