We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korcula vs hvar

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Korcula vs hvar

Hello!

I'm looking to spend about 4 days on the croatian coast. At first I was looking at Hvar, but I heard it was very crowded and I was having trouble finding affordable hotel accommodations. Should I stay in Korcula instead, and maybe do a day trip to Hvar? How does Korcula compare to Hvar? Is there enough to do in Korcula? How are the beaches? Can I do a day trip to Dubrovnik from Korcula or is it too far?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Durham
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korcula vs hvar

Korcula is less expensive than Hvar, but some of the difference in hotel prices reflects the fact that more of the hotels have been renovated and modernised in Hvar. You can do a day trip to Hvar by getting the 6am catamaran. You can go to Dubrovnik as a daytrip, but you'll spend half the time travelling.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Australia & South...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Korcula vs hvar

I would pick hvar over korcula, it has alot more to offer in terms of beaches and stuff to do. Also there is alot more accommodation option on hvar, korcula seems to be quite limited!

Korcula is nice, but I would say 4 days there is far too long, I stayed there for 2 and was running out of things to do! Whereas Hvar is somewhere I would stay for over a week and still not be bored!

Hopw that helps!

Bala Cynwyd
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Korcula vs hvar

I vote for Korcula, unless nightlife is your goal.

There is more convenient swimming in Korcula right at the old town than in Hvar. I swam off steps into the water, so I didn't need shoes. There are also pebble beaches on either side of the old town. The old town is a jewel. It is compact, so it can be done in one day. There are also day trips by boat to various spots, including Hvar. It will be a relief to get back to Krcula from your day ion Hvar.

4. Re: Korcula vs hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Island
More Korcula Island Topics