We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Korcula to Dubrovnik on Monday, July 9th

Seattle
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Korcula to Dubrovnik on Monday, July 9th

Hi there,

My husband and I are trying to plan our Croatia trip and have the following ideas:

5 days in Dubrovnik- leaving on July 3 to bus to Split.

One night in Split leaving July 4th on the 5pm boat to Hvar

3 nights in Hvar leaving Saturday July 7th on the 6:15pm boat arriving Korcula at 7:45pm.

2 nights on Korcula leaving on Monday, July 9th back to Dubrovnik.

We fly back home on Tuesday, July 10th early.

A few questions:

1) can we get from Korcula to Dubrovnik on the Monday, July 9th? What are our options (boat/bus). Which one is better?

2) Looking at the plan above- anything you would change? Is it better to spend 3 nights in Hvar or Korcula?

In Hvar I thought the "secret Hvar" tour to see the interior of the island sounded nice--and perhaps renting a scooter or taking a water taxi to the islands. My husband and I jove to just walk the streets, read books by the water, drink wine in the early afternoons/evenings, have a good meal, etc.

We are mid-30s.

Thanks for any/all advice!

Casey

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Durham
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Korcula to Dubrovnik on Monday, July 9th

You can get the bus, the Korkyra travel acency shuttle or the Nona Ana catamaran. The latter leaves at 4pm so would give you more time on Korcula. It is also the cheapest. However, there are only a limited number of tickets and sometimes it's a hassle to get one.

Seattle
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Korcula to Dubrovnik on Monday, July 9th

Thank you so much for the helpful information!

Casey

3. Re: Travel from Korcula to Dubrovnik on Monday, July 9th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Island
More Korcula Island Topics