We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korcula and Hvar in late June - crowded?

Pittsburgh...
9 posts
Save Topic
Korcula and Hvar in late June - crowded?

My wife and I plan to visit Korcula and Hvar in late June 2011. I am wondering how crowded it will be in town and beaches -- especially around weekends and holidays -- such as Anti Fascist Struggle Day (6/22), Corpus Christi (6/23), Statehood Day (6/25). Should we book accommodations?

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korcula and Hvar in late June - crowded?

No,neither Korčula nor Hvar will be overcrowded in late June, just some more people on the ferries and the beaches for weekends.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korcula and Hvar in late June - crowded?

That is just before the season really kicks in, but as there are a whole cluster of bank holidays I think it will be busy - if you know where you are going and when you will be there I would book in advance.

Pittsburgh...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Korcula and Hvar in late June - crowded?

Thank you very much for your info! I realized there are holidays in June 2011, like / Whitsunday 6/12 / Whitmonday 6/13 / Anti Fascist struggle day 6/22 /

Corpus Christi 6/23, Statehood day crotia 6/25... Do banks close, and beaches, ferries and hotels could be crowded on those holidays in June? (so better to book hotels/inns around those holidays?)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Korcula and Hvar in late June - crowded?

In my experience if it is a public holiday then things such as banks will shut, ferries and other public transport operate on the Sunday timetables and roads will be busier. The Croatia Tourist Board produces a little chart of when roads will be busy as part of a brochure I have seen - using a Red, Amber and Green system and the weekends that are near a public holiday tend to be Red.

5. Re: Korcula and Hvar in late June - crowded?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Island
More Korcula Island Topics