We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

Hi,

I'm thinking of booking 4 nights at the Borik Hotel in Lumbarda in Korcula in July. Has anybody stayed there? I can't see any reviews up on this site. I really want somewhere that's going to be peaceful and relaxing without dozens of kids running around...!

Failing that, could anyone suggest nice private accomodation (preferably an appartment) in the area?

Thanks,

Maz

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

Hi I live in Korcula and have seen the Hotel Borik from the outside. It is on the front - central Lumbarda - I have not been inside nor do I know of anyone staying there so cannot say what it is like to stay there. As to not having children around I am afraid you are coming at the busiest time when all children are off school ! Lumbarda however is a lot quieter than Korcula town itself in the season - you can easily access main town Korcula either by local bus, shuttle bus from beach, water taxi etc.

I did notice that the Borik Hotel has it's own restaurant but I have not been there so cannot comment on this.

Should you wish to rent an apartment in Lumbarda then log into this site

http://korcula.net - click into "private accommodation" here you will find listings of apartments to rent in Lumbarda. I have also noticed a nice apartment in Lumbarda advertised on

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk - again I do not know of anyone who has stayed there but it looks nice.

In July they have a lot of cruise boats operating taking passengers out for the day - one tour goes to Mljet National Park and one goes to a few different small islands nearby Korcula. These are full day trips and are reasonably priced. I am sure there are a few more as well but these two are the ones I have noted when visiting Lumbarda when shopping.

Have a good trip !!

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

Thanks so much for all your help and information!

I understand it will be busy in July- Lumbarda sounds really wonderful though. Can you recommend any nice restaurants either in Lumbarda or in Korcula town?

M

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

There is a very good restaurant just outside of main Lumbarda on the way to Korcula town called "Konoba Maslina" the food there is good and reasonable priced. There are also good restaurants in the old town of Korcula with a good range of choices on their menus. Have been to a few in the old town and main town and have never had a meal yet that I was not happy with ! In Lumbarda and in Korcula town there are also lots of restaurants where you can have light lunches as well.

Should you need anymore information just let me know.

Have a good trip !

New Hampshire
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

Looking for where to stay in Lumbarda?

We stayed at newly built hotel in Lumbarda last August on island Korcula.

It is real close to Dubrovnik and national park island Mljet, jet much cheaper and not as noisy.

Regarding food, we ate almost every day in other restaurant in Lumbarda, all of which were just on the shoreline offering fresh sea food.

If this sounds good, trust me it realy was great vacation.

Highly recommend taking day trips, or even rent a boat and go around sightseeing.

Swimming wise, there are two great sandy beaches close by.

Hope you like it as much as we did.

Martin

hawaii
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

I'll be in Lombarda in early July as an 18 year old camp counselor with the organization PACT, a peace camp for tons of croatian orphans... I don't know if we are staying at Borik Hotel, but it looks like the pictures I've seen.

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

That sounds like a really good cause- hope the camp goes well- have fun!

Maz

7. Re: Borik Hotel Lumbarda, Korcula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Island
More Korcula Island Topics