We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korcula to Hvar :Ferry, Catamaran or other option

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Korcula to Hvar :Ferry, Catamaran or other option

My husband and I plan to visit Korcula and then take a ferry or other type of boat on Sept 21st (Thursday) to Hvar. I have not been able to find a ferry or Catamaran on that day. Since we have booked all our hotels and are on a tight schedule we would like to leave THAT day. Are there other way to get to Hvar from Korcula, like private boat rentals or smaller private crafts?

London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Korcula to Hvar :Ferry, Catamaran or other option

Have a look at www.korcula.net - how to get to the island section There is a new-ish fast boat service on the Catarmarin Krilo from Korcula to Split via Hvar. Sept 21st is in mid season and the timetable says it runs every day, leaving Korcula at 6:00 am arriving Hvar 7:45! I caught it from Hvar to Split in May so I know it exists. Hope that helps.

Surbiton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korcula to Hvar :Ferry, Catamaran or other option

You can get the Jadrolinija 'Marko Polo' car ferry from Korcula at 13.30 on the day you need. It only runs twice a week and you're in luck! It takes you to Stari Grad, the car ferry port, which is only a 15-20 min taxi/bus ride away from Hvar Town. Check the link:

www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?dpid=1227

Just returned from there and had fantastic time.

Restaurant recommendation in Hvar...Marinero's one block behind bottom end of harbour. The best seafood spaghetti anywhere and great tuna carpaccio with anchovies (which i normally can't stand, but are really UN-salty here)! Also brilliant beach round the peninsula to the east...uncluttered and the cleanest clearest water i saw in two weeks.

Enjoy.

Louisville
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Korcula to Hvar :Ferry, Catamaran or other option

telecomchick

Spitfire is correct. I just returned from a two week holiday in Croatia and took the Korcula to Hvar fast catamaran - as spitfare states above, it does leave early in the morning (6 AM). You can get tickets at the Marco Polo Travel agency (just outside the old town near the port) the day before hand or purchase at the travel agency the morning you want to leave. They recommend you meet at the agency at 5:30 AM and they'll point you to the boat (which doesn't always leave from the same place)!

4. Re: Korcula to Hvar :Ferry, Catamaran or other option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 23, 2009