We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry timetable!!!

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry timetable!!!

Firstly I am so sorry as I know this topic gets asked about over and over again. We are off to Hvar on Sunday (can't wait!) Second time for me after going there last year so I do know a bit about the ferries. However, I am having trouble working out exactly when we can get a ferry back on the 21st (Sunday) I am pretty sure i've deciphered through various portals that we can get one at 6.30 and 7.45 (?!?!) from Hvar Town, but in truth it's all turned into a mush of numbers, dates, times and routes I can't get my head around! Does anyone know what time the first 2 ferries available out of Hvar Town will be on the 21st? We have an early flight about 10am so need an early start.

Thanks so much in advance and apologies for being a bit thick.

Cat x

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,023 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

Looks to me that you have three options on that day from Hvar Town to Split (via catamaran)....8am, 915am and 145pm...so if you have a 10am flight the only one that will work is maybe the 8am but that would be cutting it too close...so then you are left with going to Stari Grad to take a ferry to Split and the earliest one on that Sunday is at 530 am and that is the only one that will work for you as the others will get you there too late...the only other option is to leave Hvar a night early and stay near the airport in Trogir.

london
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

Many thanks! I was thinking about taxi-ing it to Stari Grad actually - we're up with the larks on the way out so shouldn't be too bad doing it going back. I have no idea where I saw the 6.30 one from HT - must be going mad!

Thanks for answering! :)

Cat x

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,023 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

Glad I could help and have a nice trip!

London, England
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

we are travelling the week after and are also TOTALLY CONFUSED with the ferry times. We are new to Croatia and it seems high season there are not many option times available. Please could anyone help

1- What time is the Catamaran from Hvar town to Split on Saturday 27th July? Our flight is later in the day so we need to be in split latest 5pm but prefer to be there sooner if possible. I wish they would make the timetables simpler to read. After calling Croatia they suggested we ferry over to Star Grad and then come through that way as that is every hour or more frequent. I noticed however the prices are also very different. I would prefer a direct journey on the Catamaran. Please could anyone help??? Thank you:)

Level Contributor
7,898 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

do not cut your time close in Split. There are so many things going on there during the summer and the airport is just plain wild. Cats can be cancelled with weather....personally I would spend my last night in Split since you are in Hvar for a week? They ask you to be at the airport 2 hours in advance and they are not kidding. ..and the airport is a good ways out. Split or better yet Trogir for the last night is the most sensible.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

As it is true that catamaran can be cancelled due to rough sea, if I were you I would go with the morning ferry from Stari Grad. You just take the bus from Hvar to ferry port(timetables do match the ferries) and you will be fine with the ferry. Ferries run always. Once in Split ,just cross the street to take the bus for the airport.

Your plane leaves in th eafternoon, time enough for everything.

Level Contributor
7,898 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

for Jelsa..I believe they said the flight leaves at 10AM. Is your advice still the same?

Edited: 9:22 am, July 15, 2013
Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

Gene, where is the problem , my advice was intended for an afternoon flight as Samaria asked:

"Our flight is later in the day so we need to be in split latest 5pm but prefer to be there sooner if possible. "

For an early flight I absolutely agree to stay the night before in Split,Trogir or Kaštela in an accomodation offering th etransfer to the airport!

Level Contributor
7,898 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

sorry...I was looking at the original post. There is no problem.

Edited: 10:02 am, July 15, 2013
10. Re: Ferry timetable!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 17, 2014