We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Hvar to Split

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Hvar to Split

Does anyone know which is the earliest ferry from Hvar to Split?

I will be in Hvar for the weekend, but I have a flight in Split on Sunday early morning, so I needed to know if its possible for me to leave Hvar on Sunday or if I need to spend the night in Split.

Thank you!!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

We used the Jadrolina Catamaran in early May from Hvar to Split on a Sunday. We departed at 9:00 am. The Krilo Catamaran doesn't depart until around 2:00 PM on Sundays (during the week it is early in the morning)

I'm guessing you'd be better spending the night on the mainland if your flight is early Sunday morning. Also, I would stay in Trogir as it is closer to the airport than Split. Trogir is a pretty town that would be worth spending a day in.

Edited: 12:29 am, June 21, 2012
2. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, July 02, 2012
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

There are a lot of different accommodation options in Split or Trogir if you need to stay on the mainland. Trogir is only 4 km from the airport and Split is 22 km.

Sunday is the only day of the week that the catamarans leave Hvar Town late - I assume even the Jadolinija one at 9 am is too late.

However, I also assume you are in Hvar Town - if not, or you can get there, there is a ferry from Stari Grad on Hvar at 5.30 am and again at 7.45 am. This takes 2 hours.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

This is the ferry company website. http://www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?lang=2

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

Can you book these ferries online?

I want to get a return ticket Split-Hvar-Split, would have thought it would be simple given how many people do it, but cannot do it. Anyone with an idea of the price or how often the ferry runs in August?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

You will have to buy your tickets on the day you are using the ferries. If you don't have a car then you won't have to worry about not getting on it.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

Pricesfor Jadrolinija are here: www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?dpid=1338

You can't buy them ahead. Do you want the ferry to Stari Grad or the catamaran to Hvar Town as Krilo also run a catamaran. Times are on both websites.

8. Re: Ferry from Hvar to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:45 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hvar