We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar: tips on where to stay please

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hvar: tips on where to stay please

I'm having enormous trouble finding accomodation near to Hvar Town. I've searched for hours on the internet with no luck. Either the places are already fully booked (we will be there Sept 6-12) or the owners have not replied (which I reckon means they are already fully booked..!).

Can anyone recommend any place that is 10 mins walk to Hvar Town, with the beach nearby? I'm hoping to unearth some new options that I haven't already exhausted on the net.

Thanks!

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

Have you tried all these sutes:

www.visit-hvar.com

http://www.tzhvar.hr/hr/smjestaj/privat/

www.hvarinfo.com/hvar/hvar-apartments.htm

adriatic.hr/en/…ri-17

www.homelidays.com

croatia-apartments-kroatien.com/webmodul/…

Most of these have the possibility to make multiple enquiries with just one click-quick search option.

Edited: 1:45 pm, August 09, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

Thank you, Jelsa, for your help.

Have finally found a place at "Apartment & Rooms Bonkan" close to Hvar Town, via Laterooms.com - will report here once we are back.

Thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,694 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

That place looks nice...great views from the windows!!!

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

Am looking for accommdation in Hvar how did you find your romms/apartment?

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

In the end I used laterooms.com, but there are many rental websites with listings on Hvar. You need to isolate the location where you want to stay, then go from there really, otherwise it becomes a minefield looking at so many apartments all offering the same things!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

Try bookings.com

They'll show you only what's available and let you book on the spot. We're here now in a 70 Euro per night apartment only 2 mins from the main square.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

Try bookings.com

They'll show you only what's available and let you book on the spot. We're here now in a 70 Euro per night apartment only 2 mins from the main square.

Just to add - Loads of old ladies gather at the port for each ferry arrival trying to 'pick up' tenants.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

I'm waiting eagerly for TA to add my listing for Apartment Bonkan, so that I can write full details there - but in the meantime I want to save anyone else from staying there. It was truly awful. We stayed one night (because we were too tired to move in the evening after arriving in Hvar) but left as soon as possible the next day. So - for the record: Apartment Bonkan, Dinka Novaka 17 -- NOT RECOMMENDED!

D C
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

I've booked to stay there from Thursday to Saturday! What was wrong with the place?

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hvar: tips on where to stay please

We stayed at Apartments Biba last week. The landlady is extremely helpful and the apartments are close to Hula Hula Beach bar and nice beaches. Takes about 15 min to walk to town and restaurants. Nice views and very spacious.

Get answers to your questions about Hvar