We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar town to Bol in September

egham
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hvar town to Bol in September

On Sunday 14th September 2008 we need to get from Hvar town to Bol on Brac island - any ideas how?? We will be on foot with suitcases. Didn't really want to head all the way back to Split & then back out again.

DC
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Yes. Stari Grad or Hvar to Split, then Split to Supetar and bus to Bol is likely what you will be doing. (Less likely, a catamaran to Bol, but I doubt the schedule will allow it).

Take heart, there is a garderoba (luggage storage) in Split if needed, and the bus across Bol (about 45 mins) allows you to see the island.

Or, and this may be just as inconvenient, you can possibly make your way to Jelsa (by cab $$ and about 30-45 mins) and find a boat to take you over. In summer this would be a lot easier, I don't know about mid-September, I just know that in season there are little day trips that go between Jelsa and Bol. I would contact the Jelsa tourist office to see if this is a real option.

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Jelsa Bol Jadrolinija timetable - http://www.jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/9603.08.en.pdf

DC
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

that's great--I didn't even think to check the regular ferries, they are more frequent than when I was there.

Forget a day trip boat and go for that. Ask you sobe owner if they can help you arrange a fair price for a taxi to Jelsa--there might even be a bus (but I found the buses sketchy aside from Hvar-Stari Grad).

egham
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Thank you both for your help, I'm so looking forward to our trip in three months time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Michelle,

There are also excursion boats that go from Hvar to Bol, on which you could ride with your bags and not come back. Whether one will be running on 14th September I don't know, but when you get to Hvar you will see the boats and you can just ask. Last week the ones from Bol to Hvar were charging about £16 per person (picnic lunch,drinks and laughs thrown in!)

The Jelsa alternative means you have to leave Jelsa at 7.00 am and will be in Bol 20 mins later. Bus info on Hvar is notoriously difficult to come by but you might be lucky and find one leaving Hvar early enough, or take a taxi or go the night before - its a nice little town anyway.

otherwise the via Split journey does not have to be too long....catch the 7.40 Krilo cat from Hvar Town to Split arriving 8.30. Catch the 9.00 am ferry Split to Supetar arriving 10.00 am and the 10.10 bus from Supetar to Bol arriving 11.20.

egham
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Thanks for that, I'd rather do the one way day trip than try & get the catamaran at 7am, as we've only got 2 nights on Hvar so we want to have as much time there as possible. If we do get lucky with the day trip boat, do you have any idea how long the journey to Brac will take?

egham
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Sorry, one more question, do the day trips go from Hvar town, or would we have to make our way somewhere else on Hvar island?

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Michelle

We returned from Hvar last Wednesday. We considered a day trip to Bol, Pelegrini Tours offer day trips from Hvar on certain days. The one with fish lunch etc costs 250 kuna per person. The basic boat trip round journey to Bol costs 140 kuna per person but was only available on Weds and Fri in June -not sure about next Sept. Atlas Tours operate a boat trip to Bol costing 150 kuna per person -for this you catch the 9am bus to Jelsa and from there take a ferry to Bol. The earliest bus for Jelsa leaves Hvar Town at 8.45 am -too late for the local ferry line. However, if you catch the 8.45am bus to Jelsa. From the harbour there are many daily return boat trips to Bol on offer from local boat owners (leave Harbour at 10am and return at 5pm) I can't remember now if the cost was was 50 kuna per person or more but cheapest option anyway. This is what we considered doing and was recommended by very helpful lady in Jelsa tourist office but the bus from Jelsa to Hvar Town leaves at 14.10 so we didn't want the expense of a taxi back. If you want to check timetables for Sept etc try contacting the Jelsa Tourist Office at info@tzjelsa.hr. Hope this helps

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Michelle

After submitting post, I realised I muddled trips from travel agencies. The basic boat trip costing 140 kunas where you catch 9am bus to Jelsa etc is operated by Pelegrini Tours (office on Harbour front In Hvar Town. Their other boat trip with fish lunch leaves Hvar to Bol. The Atlas Tours trip also leaves Hvar for Bol but we worked out there was only about 3 hours or so to explore Bol -also the Atlas Tour trips were dependent on bookings whether they operated or not.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hvar town to Bol in September

Michelle

Me again. Just noticed your other question. We were told the ferry/boat trip from Jelsa takes about 40mins. We travelled to Jelsa on a rainy day when we hired a car but suppose bus journey could be 45 minutes with stops at Starigrad and Vrboska en route.

Just thought that you might need to check timetables as there is often restricted service on Sundays. Email address for Pelegrini Tours Branch Office in Hvar is hvar@elite.hr -they might advise how long boat trip from Hvar Town to Bol takes.

Get answers to your questions about Hvar