We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

Is it possible to catch a 10:00 am flight from Hvar in the end of June? (June 30th)

If there is no ferry in time, can you hire a water taxi to drive you over and how much does it cost? How much time should I allocate for the trip?

Thanks in advance!

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

"meander DC said: "It is rare, but bad weather can delay a ferry or catamaran."

it is rare like the snow in August :))))

it happens maybe once or twice but in the WINTER

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

Thank you er dalmata! The early catamaran solves our problem.

DC
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

Actually, er dalmata, it happened to me in early June on Korcula: A catamaran destined for Lastovo (coming from Split) was canceled due to weather (apparently catamarans cannot run in choppy water). Then, the ferry on the same route later that day was delayed.

As I said, this is rare, but if I had to be somewhere for a flight I would not take a chance.

Since there will be an early morning catamaran, the poster will most likely be fine, but people should know not to count on a ferry 100% if they have somewhere they have to be. Of course, I can think of many worse things than being stranded on Hvar.

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

there are two catamarans from Hvar town in the morning and one ferry from Stari Grad in the morning and also one catamaran at 6 AM from Jelsa so there is no reason to panic.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

Thank you again!!!!

16. Re: From Hvar to Split airport for 10.00 am flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hvar