We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

Hi

I will be visiting Croatia in late September. Have 6 days for islands. Planning to spend 4 days on Hvar and 2 in Vis.

Plan is : Morning flight from London around 10am . Explore Split. Take 15:00 ferry to Hvar. Explore Hvar town.

Second day hire a car explore Stari gard , Milna and Jelsa and drive up to St. Nicholas??

Third day explore Pakleni islands. Not sure is taking a group tour would be better and what are must sees over there?

Fourth day day trip to Bol? Can anyone tell what is the best way to reach there in morning and come later in Evening.

Fifth day do Blue cave, green cave , stinvia beach and get down at Vis or Komiza. Not sure where the boat company can drop us? Base ourselves in Komiza. Explore the town. Next day hire a car and explore Vis. What are must sees in one day?

Does this plan sounds ok?

Next day early morning ferry to Split .

Please advise.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
London
London
England, UK
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Milna
Milna
292 Reviews
Hvar Island, Croatia
Bol
Bol
Brac Island, Croatia
11 replies to this topic
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
55,829 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

How about three nights on each island and skip the daytrip to Bol?

Mentioned in this post
Bol
Bol
Brac Island, Croatia
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

I can do that. Thing is so close to Bol and missing it..Is it worth it.. what to do in Vis for 2 full days?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bol
Bol
Brac Island, Croatia
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

Sorry 2 and half days in Vis. As we will half a day after our trip from Blue cave tour and all.

Also can someone please tell me what is the difference between Blue cave and Blue Lagoon?? Thanks

Edited: 10:07 am, June 10, 2018
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

Blue cave is on Island Bisevo, close to the Island of Vis. You are tendered into the cave by a small boat (must wait in queue to enter) for a short period (about 10 minutes or less) (cannot swim inside from what I understand but not positive as I have read conflicting information on this)

Blue Lagoon (Krknjasi Bay) is reached from Trogir or Split on Island Drvenik Veli (not far from Island Solta) It is a lovely place for snorkeling.

Edited: 11:30 am, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Island of Vis
Island of Vis
Trogir
Trogir
Split
Split
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

Thank you. Are there daily boats to Blue Lagoon from Trogir? I will see if I can make a half day trip to there. We have set one day for Trogir and Primosten. Thanks it looks wonderful in pics.

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Primosten
Primosten
Sibenik-Knin County, Croatia
Durham
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

You can't be sure that the excursions will run from Hvar to Vis in late September. If the weather is poor or the seas not calm enough to get into the Blue Cave the excursion would probably be postponed.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

The military tour on Vis is worth doing if you have any interest in history.

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

I dont understand where you are doing Trogir & Primosten from? Is this when you return to Split from the Islands?

From Split you have half day or full day blue lagoon trips with or without a stop in Trogir. You can also do 1/2 day blue lagoon from Trogir. Some of the 1/2 day from Trogir to blue lagoon include island Solta.

Edited: 8:06 pm, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Primosten
Primosten
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

From Vis we will take an early morning ferry to Split. Rent a car. Drive up to Brela. Couple of hours in there. Drive to Omis. Spend rest of the day there. Might do some water activity depending on weather . Drive to Trogir. Spending 2 nights in Trogir.

Next Day Krka. Should Krka be advised to do early morning like Pilvitice?

Should be free by late afternoon. Enjoy Sibenik. Have dinner over there and go back to Trogir. Next day explore Trogir and Primosten. I don’t think we will be able to do Blue lagoon this time.

Later in afternoon drive to Pilvitice. Spend night in the area For early start next morning.

We should be able to finish the walk by mid afternoon depending which route we take. Then drive to Zadar. Explore Zadar in evening.

Next morning fly back.

I am leaving Bol for next time..

Edited: 4:24 am, June 11, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Brela
Brela
Omis
Omis
Trogir
Trogir
Sibenik
Sibenik
Primosten
Primosten
Zadar
Zadar
Zadar County, Croatia
Bol
Bol
Brac Island, Croatia
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?

Ok much clearer now. In late Sept. time of day shouldnt be an issue for Krka. The earlier the better though if you want to spend some time in Sibenik Old Town.

Makarska is worth a stop if you are driving down to Brela. Its about 20 minutes past Brela. The town is in one bay (you can park there) and then a short walk to the main beach. Its gorgeous. The backdrop of Mt.Biokovo is stunning.

Good plan starting early at Plitvice. I always recommend route C from entrance 1. Its perfect! Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 10:57 am, June 11, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Sibenik
Sibenik
Makarska
Makarska
Brela
Brela
Reply to: Hvar-4 days and Vis - 2 Days?