We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending moiney for a week?

Which Cavtat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How much spending moiney for a week?

Hi,

My partner and I are arriving in Cavtat for a week at the end of July, we are staying in the Hotel Cavtat on a half board basis. We would like to go out for lunch, have drinks out in the evening and rent a car for a day.

Would anyone be able to give us a ball park figure of roughly how much we should bring with us.

Also we are thinking of a hiring the car to go to Montenegro for the day, have people got any highlights we should go and see in Montenegro?

thanks

Toby

Richhill
Level Contributor
40 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

Hotel Cavtat will book trips from reception or e-mail them & they will book you a particular day. Price around £46 pp. i booked for Mostar & montenegro through the hotel with no problem.

Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

Hiya

I originally come from nearby area however I live in the UK and I am taking my husband to Cavtat in July. If you plan to hire a car do it from the UK by using any comparison website but make sure you let the company know that you will be taking the car across the boarder to Montenegro. I paid extra 35 euros. Montenegro is beautiful and it depends what you are interested in. It is a beautiful drive around Boka Kotorska bay and visit to Kotor (there is an amazing restaurant called Catovica mlini on the way). Budva is very busy and touristy full of bars and restaurants on the sea front. There are lots of little places you can visit but as I said it all depends what you like. Make sure you book a car with the AC as it will be very hot.

Prices wise, well Croatia joined the EU yesterday so I expect that the prices will go up (they do in the summer season on the coast anyway). Dubrovnik is more expensive than Cavtat. Enjoy your holiday and you never know we might bump on each other on the promenade.

Cardiff, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

Thanks for the advice, I've read good things about Oryx Rental Cars and the price seems reasonable.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

I've used Oryx from Dubrovnik airport and they were fine, but as the previous poster said run the car comparison sites then make sure you can cross borders.

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
292 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

Price wise, it is not a cheap destination and expect to pay UK prices for food and drink. Taxi prices high but on the whole not exorbitant. Plenty of ATM's and money exchanges.

Cardiff, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

thanks for all the contributions.

Does anyone know what it is liek to cross the border into Montenegro?

thanks again

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
292 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

We met a few people in Dubrovnik staying in Montenegro and they did not have any problems. You will need your passports, likewise if you go to Mostar and cross into Bosnia.

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

In Cavtat you are paying for several things. This place is used by billionaires to moor their yachts. You are paying for the 8 month winter unemployment period .You are paying for the war and Croatia's rundown economy and its standing army. These all add up. Allow 1000 GBP for a couple per week, and more maybe. Take a credit card.

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

Katovica Mlini is an expensive restaurant.

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much spending moiney for a week?

We paid 120 kunas from the airport to Cavtat by taxi: in my view expensive for 6 kms.

Get answers to your questions about Cavtat