We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cavtat to Korcula

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cavtat to Korcula

My boyfriend and I have booked flights to Dubrovnik for the end of June and will be arriving at 8:30pm on a Sunday. We would like to split our holiday up a bit and are planning to spend 3 nights in Cavtat at the start of our trip, as it seems quite easy to get to from the airport in comparison to Korcula.

My question is, how easy is it to get Korcula from Cavtat? Would we be able to get a boat or do the boats only go from Dubrovnik? I know there is a bus that goes from Dubrovnik to Korcula but I'm not sure if this stops in Cavtat on the way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Caroline

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cavtat to Korcula

I have caught the Jadrolinija from Dubrovnik to Korcula and also driven.

Catching the Jadrolinija is picturesque and nice, but driving also allows you to stop along the way (as well as being picturesque). But we found driving was quite.. tiring. Unless you are used to driving on Croatian roads, it can be quite daunting. Driving along the cliffs near Dubrovnik in one lane, and then the winding roads from Ston to Orebic can be a little scary. We stopped at a number of places along the way, which is nice - Mali Ston has some nice seafood restaurants. But next time I think we'll stick to the Jadrolinija. You can catch a bus from Cavtat to Dubrovnik or just catch a taxi.

I'm sure you can get a bus and then ferry - although I haven't done this before.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cavtat to Korcula

Cavtat - Dubrovnik:

- bus number 10, leaves every 30mins - 1 hour

- taxi

Dubrovnik- Korcula

- bus (check timetable on Libertas Dubrovnik)

- boat, doesn`t run every day

Also option is car hire, you can hire from Cavtat and return it there on the way back from Korcula, or you can leave it at the airport

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
51,407 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cavtat to Korcula

Driving is not too difficult and not too daunting and the great thing is being able to stop along the way for photo opps.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cavtat to Korcula

It can be daunting for people not used to certain European drivers (ie: getting over taken on a blind corner while you are going 80 already!) or left hand side driving on winding roads and the cliffs around Dubrovnik..

But don't let that put you off - its an amazing drive!

Edited: 1:04 pm, March 03, 2013
5. Re: Cavtat to Korcula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cavtat