We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

I will be renting a car and staying in Dubrovnik one night (place with parking) and in Cavtat one night. What does it cost to park car in Cavtat while I take the bus to Dubrovink? How do I buy bus tickets, on the bus or elsewhere?

Also, how often do the busses run between these two places and how late do they run back from Dubrovnik to Cavtat?

Thx in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

There is a 10 Kuna parking lot just next to the bus station in Cavtat. You pay the driver for your one way trip, 20 Kuna. Buses normally run every hour, a bit more earlier in the morning. Last bus from Dubrovnik to Cavtat is about 11pm, but this will change as the season begins to slow down.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

Thanks very much for the bus information. It was exactly what I needed to know.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,163 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

There is a booth at the bus station in Cavtat but I have not seen it manned (maybe it is sometimes) - as said, buy tickets from the driver on the bus.

If going to old town Dubrovnik be aware you have to alight the bus and walk a fair distance down the hill - there is a zigzag pathway. When returning you have to go part way back up the hill - to near where the cable car runs. The bus for Cavtat does not go to Pile Gate like some buses, AFAIK.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Bala Cynwyd
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

Why rent a car?

Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

Thank you for all your replies!

You asked why I wanted to rent a car. Frankly, tours are not my bag of tea. Buses only take you from A to B, which is fine if you just want to go from A to B. I want to go from A_Z. . I am an independent guy and like to come and go and stop at my convenience and my own time schedule. This is not my first trip to Croatia. I will pick up a car at the Zadar airport and stop in Primosten and other places and stay the night in Trogir. Then I will take a ferry to Hvar or one of the Islands, spend time in Dubrovnik, and drive to Kotor and Budva and fly home from Dubrovnik. I don't know of any tour that does all of that. I have been on tours but I guess I am a little impatient waiting for Aunt Maltida and others to get on the bus.

BTW, why do you prefer to not rent a car?

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
6. Re: Bus tickets in Cavtat and Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cavtat
Recent Conversations