We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any returning visitors before the split of Yugoslavia

Which Cavtat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Any returning visitors before the split of Yugoslavia

Having been to Cavtat a few times in the late eighties, we recently returned for a day trip and how it has changed in terms of shops/bars etc, but still beautiful.

My question - does anyone know if an British run bar which I believe was located just up a hill near to the Albatros hotel still exists. I believe it would have been the only British run bar of that time.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
466 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any returning visitors before the split of Yugoslavia

I saw a tiny pub just past the Cavtat Hotel, as you walk towards Albatross beach. I'm not sure if its British run.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
387 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any returning visitors before the split of Yugoslavia

hi

The british run pub is now the "Villa Fontana" and run by the same people Janet and Miro,we stayed there in june and Miro was telling us about when it was a bar and how sucessful it was ............................they decided to turn the building into apartments after the 2 big hotels close to them (the Albertross and the one further along ) decided to go all inclusive and they wouldnt get the custom they were used to

hope this helps

Coral

3. Re: Any returning visitors before the split of Yugoslavia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 25, 2013