We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

I'm trying to find out how much it costs to get a water taxi (or another non Jadrolinija service) from Bol to Jelsa. I saw some other people recommend it in other threads, but noone's mentioned the price.

I've written to nautic-center-bol.com to ask the question, just awaiting a response... maybe someone out there knows some other companies too?

My current itinerary sees me arriving in Bol on Weds night (although I might try to arrive earlier to the island by going to Supetar instead), then Thursday in Bol, Friday in Bol, Friday afternoon taking the ferry to Jelsa then bus to Hvar town. From what I've read, Hvar has a bit more to offer so this is why I'm trying to get a taxi on Friday morning instead of waiting until the afternoon. Otherwise i'll try to leave Bol on Thursday night, but getting an extra night accommodation in the same hostel is tricky as it's very busy...

Then I'll have Saturday in Hvar, and half of Sunday in Hvar.

Would like to stay longer in Hvar but the latest catamaran I can get back to Split is 13:45. If anyone else knows another way to leave Hvar much later in the day, even if it means taking extra time, I would be interested to know!

What do you guys think about the idea of less time in Bol, more time in Hvar?

Thanks a lot for any feedback!

Durham
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

If you want to spend longer on Hvar you could get an evening ferry from Stari Grad to Split.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

Thanks for the quick feedback :)

But looking at the jadrolinija website for travel dates between 01.06.- 30.09.2011, I can only seem to find a ferry that goes from Split to Stari Grad on Sunday, not the other way.

It seems I can only go Stari Grad to Split between 01.01.2011 – 31.05.2011 & 01.10.2011- 31.12.2011.

Appreciate if you can enlighten me if I've got it wrong :)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

Yes - see this: www.jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/635.2011.ljeto.e.pdf

There are evening ferries everyday @ 20.00 and one @ 23.00 which runs up to 4th September.

There are also very likley to be day trips from Bol to Hvar Town which you could negotiate as a one-way trip - this is commonly done for Jelsa to Bol for example so people don't have to get the very early catamaran.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

Ahhh thanks so much! I've looked at this same page 20 times now thinking that I must be wrong, glad to have it clarified!

If I manage to negotiate an earlier trip from Jelsa to Bol, i'll post back and let everyone know...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

Hi,

I was looking at doing the same journey from Bol to Jesla, so if you find out the price, I would also be very interested!

6. Re: Water taxi between Bol and Jelsa (and itinerary feedback!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bol