We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic places!!

Which Bol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Romantic places!!

Looking to ask my girlfriend to

marry me in aug when staying in bol. Can anyone suggest any romantic places? Would probably rather it be somewhere beautiful rather than a restaurant. Could also be some where we can access by an excursion (for example split) thanks for your help in advance

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic places!!

Now that's a challenge!

Depending on how fit you are you could take a walk up the small mountain that overlooks Zlatni Rat beach (whose name escapes me completely). Probably take you 90 minutes or so from the town)?

Why not hire a small boat with an outboard motor, pack a picnic from Bol and then head along the coast part the Dominican Monastery to find you;re own little secluded cove for the day?

If you're planning on going to Dubrovnik, then a sunset walk along the city walls might be a good setting?

Or finally take a day trip to Hvar, take a walk up to the castle over looking the town and out-towards the Pakleni islands and then pop the question there?

Good luck - and hope she says yes!

Edited: 2:55 am, May 31, 2011
Kentucky
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic places!!

As a woman who is fairly fit, being proposed to after a sweaty August climb to the Citadel in Hvar Town wouldn't be my place of choice! There's not really any shade to speak of once you get up there.

Not knowing your intended's preferences, but knowing what Brac has to offer- I would suggest hiring a boat to take you west of Bol in the late afternoon. There are a number of delicious intimate coves that your particular hire could suggest. Hiring a boat is about as easy as getting a pastry.

I personally think that the Blaca Monastery carved into Vidova Gora, a not well known UNESCO site, is majestic and just stunning. I first saw it on a boat from Bol to Hvar Town. It is west of Bol about 15 min. by speedboat. Take a little picnic, one of the lucious, heady,local plavac reds, and have your boat drop you off where the road to the Monastery is closest to the shore. There are lovely pines there, and you can either picnic and gaze above and watch the sun bronze the Monastery high up above you, (Vidova Gora blocks the sun where you would be) or take the fairly easy 40 min. walk up to the monastery.

Even just taking a walk along the riva from Bol to Zlatin Rat after dinner and stopping by one of the pieces of art , or walking down to a cove, would be unbelievably stunning low traffic spot, particularly if the moon is out.

The island is gorgeous, and the people very romantic. This could be why I know some of this.... If you tell your host your intentions, they'll practically arrange it for you!

Edited: 6:56 am, July 09, 2011
Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic places!!

My first thought was the park of monastery in Bol overlooking a beautiful beach.

Casanova said that no woman can say no during a heavy storm.

Edited: 8:24 am, July 09, 2011
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic places!!

Palomadegua,

Your reply made me laugh! :-) Such a typical bloke to forget how much hard work the walk to the citadel is in the summer I'd have needed 20 minutes to catch my breath before popping the question....!

5. Re: Romantic places!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 29, 2012