We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

Which Bol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

I will be in Split for 2-3 days in May 2011 and I'd like to take a day trip to Brac to see Zlatni rat and Blaca Monastery. I'm having trouble finding advice on how to visit the monastery from Zlatni rat or Bol without a car. Can it be reached on foot? Do you know of any organized tours (for example, bus tours) that go to the monastery from Bol or any other spot on Brac?

In that vein, is there any way to get to the top of Vidova Gora to check out the panoramic views without a car?

Thanks so much for your help!

Zagreb
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

I suppose you know how to get to Bol. From there on you will have to walk a part of your way to Blaca, about 30-40 min. You will have to get a car, or a boat, but still have to walk. I do not know whether they have organized tours in May, it is off season. You will be able to findout more information at

http://www.bol.hr/en

Bol
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

Hi,

this year (2010) there was a landslide of rocks at the monastery, so it was closed whole summer.

Our company is the only one working day trips in Blaca with boat at regular basses.

last year it was Wednesdays, but this year we plan to do it at least two times a weak.

Trips are done with this vessel [ Zlatni Rat - named by the beach ] forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php…

at 9 we start, 1h is to get there, and than 30-40 minutes to walk uphill (easiest way). In Blaca you get english/german/italian/french group guide.

After visiting Blaca, you get back to vessel, and we go to nearby bay, where is located Millitary tunnel, 10-15 mins there, and we are back to Bol at about 3 PM

That's the easiest way, you can also go to Blaca from North side, road is harder (30min by road from Bol, than, 15-20mins off-road, and again 45-50 min walking downhill)

P.S. you also got third way, walking from Bol, 4-5 hours (if you have GOOD condition), but I would not recommend this, only if you're some kind of enthusiast

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

Bog Frane, welcome to the forum. Hope to read more of your posts in the future.

Bol
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

Hvala susid,

thank for welcome.

I'm hoping to stay here longer

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

Thank you so much! I'm not completely sure if I'll make it to Bol when I'm in Croatia, but if I do go there, I will definitely use your tour company to visit the monastery!

6. Re: visiting Blaca Monastery from Bol (without a car)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, June 07, 2011