We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an bank in BOL....?

Which Bol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is there an bank in BOL....?

Is there an ATM machine in BOL? I have spent hours trying to find out on the web before going but to no avail.

I don't want to take loads of local currency if I can get it out of the hole in the wall with my debit card as I need it ...!

cheers

Dave

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there an bank in BOL....?

Found a few ATMs (bankomat) in Bol:

Splitska banka in Radiceva 16

PBZ bankomat address - Radiceva bb

Zabgrebacka banka - Riva bb

Norwich
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there an bank in BOL....?

Thanks for the reply!

Did you try one and actually get some money out?

cheers

Dave

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there an bank in BOL....?

Not personally, found these listed on the banks' sites - last time was there 5 yrs ago.

Think there’s no need to worry, these are good banks and you’ll get your money.

Norwich
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there an bank in BOL....?

Sounds good!

I wonder why there is no obvious way to find this out on the web via the Bol related tourist sites?

Maybe they forgot it!

Your links are great info as after several hours of searching I hadn't found the info!

Its a bit curious that its not easy to find out where to get money as, surely, it must be a 'basic' for the local government / tourist board (etc.) to let tourists know how they can get take money out easily (to spend?!)

odd!

anyway, thanks!

Dave

London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there an bank in BOL....?

Dave,

No problem. There are three ATMs in the village but nowadays only one bank (Splitska Bank - open Mon-Sat). You can get money using your UK card without a problem. Also there are several currency exchanges which will give you commission free currency from sterling and at a better rate than you get in the UK. Of those, Spliska bank gives the finest rate but its only pennies between them.

Croatia still tends to be a cash society so you will find things easier with cash. Remember that most UK banks charge a flat fee for ATM withdrawals so don't take out £20 here and there as each withdrawal might cost you £1.50. I usually take a few hundred quid in cash, change it there and then use the ATMs when I (invariably) run out of money. Its a great place, and you'll have a ball!

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there an bank in BOL....?

You're welcome, Dave

I stumbled into this site with all banks and bankomati (ATMs) on Brac island

braconline.com.hr/index.php…

-than I double checked it on the listed banks’ sites, it took only a few minutes. Guess my Google is better that yours, lol

No, official Bol tourism site does not have this info – odd indeed – but leave your rational thinking behind when visiting Croatia. Our tourist slogan is Mediterranean as it once was – and we mean it.

7. Re: Is there an bank in BOL....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, September 27, 2009