We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bol Transport

london
3 posts
Save Topic
Bol Transport

I am planning on going to Bol in July and have read it is windy there. Is Bol suitable for a beach holiday or is it to windy to sit on the Zlanti Rat Beach ? Does any one have information on travelling from Supetar to Bol how long does it take are there buses / taxis and approx cost.

Thanks

Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bol Transport

taxi from Supetar to Bol costs 350 kuna = around 50 euro

DC
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bol Transport

Can't predict the weather. I assume at certain times of year it is windy (that's why it is known for windsurfing), but it was not particularly windy when I was there.

I imagine it will be unbearably crowded in July and would look further along the coast for a place to sit in peace. Zlatni Rat is one of the best places for swimming I've seen in Croatia though.

The bus station in Supetar is just across the street from the ferry port, a bus should head to Bol soon after your arrival. It takes 30-45 munutes and the cost is minimal. It is nice to get a view of the island.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,130 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bol Transport

No, its not too windy for a beach holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bol Transport

In the afternoon it is common for a wind (more like a good breeze than a wind) to blow from the west until about 7 pm. Zlatni Rat runs noth-south so if it is too windy on the west side, you just move over to the east side. But its is not usually strong enough to worry you and in July, may well be a blessing! There are also several other beaches

The costings for taxi are correct, but agree beforehand since I think the meter price is closer to 400 kn. The buses are fine (25 kn) and the timetable is available from http://www.autotrans.hr

Also don't forget that once a day at 4.00 pm a catarmarin leaves Split and goes directly to Bol, so you don't need to do the Supetar/Bol leg.

5. Re: Bol Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bol