We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

payment for accomodation?

Which Bol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
Level Contributor
39 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
payment for accomodation?

please help,

It seems that a lot of accomodation asks for payment other than credit card via swift ,imex ,and iban.This is going to cost a substantial amount if going to more than one accomodation in croatia as we are planning to do.

Any tips secure methods would be most welcome.

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: payment for accomodation?

I am afraid that most accommodation in Croatia only accepts money transfers for deposit. If you try and find accommodations that do not require deposit then you can just pay full amount on arrival. You did not say when you planned to travel - if you are coming to Croatia "off season" then you can just book a few days before you arrive therefore would not have to pay in advance or you could find accommodation from local agency upon arrival.

There are no other ways to send money for deposit other than money transfer - we looked into this before we moved out here and were renting until we found house to buy.

bristol
Level Contributor
39 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: payment for accomodation?

I will be visiting bol in early September and then onto split for a few days and possibly trogir

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: payment for accomodation?

Unless you want any accommodation in particular you will easy be able to find accommodation on arrival all over Croatia. It is wise to book accommodation in certain areas for last 2 weeks in July and August but all other times it is easy to find accommodation without booking well in advance. Therefore you will save on sending deposit monies by bank transfer

Have a good trip !

Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: payment for accomodation?

I agree with Korcula, otherwise you can book through those big internet agencies offering accommodations and pay online by credit card.

eire
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: payment for accomodation?

Hi Linner, I am in the same situation and have already been stung by my bank for 24euro on one booking.. have a look at croatia traveller website... it has some good tips on how to book accommodation .

6. Re: payment for accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 24, 2009